Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Slept in the Trunk Last Night

If you've been reading this blog, you know that I've been sleeping in my car for several months now. I decided to try something different last night, though.

For nearly every night in my car, I've slept with my head resting in the back seat and my legs extended into the trunk area. Last night, I reversed position, with my head in the trunk and my feet extending into the back seat. Although the idea of sleeping in the trunk seemed a little weird at first, it actually worked great.

Now, I thought I might be a bit claustrophobic with most of my body in the trunk, but I was actually more comfortable.

I installed a little push-light on the roof of the trunk door to give some light in the evenings, which are now growing ever longer. I can actually affix my Ipod Touch to the roof of the trunk and use it as a miniature ceiling-TV for watching videos before I go to bed.

I'm not sure exactly why, but this setup seems to be a somewhat better use of my space. It also makes it easier to keep my car interior neater, and it's faster to make my car look 'normal' in the morning before going to work. Now I just leave my pillow and foam sleeping pad in place during the day. I can roll up the sleeping bag and stuff it into the trunk area (where my abdomen would normally be while I sleep).

In all, sleeping with my head in the trunk wasn't a bad experience at all. I'm still new at this whole 'living in a car' idea, and I still get new ideas. I want to experiment and find what's the most comfortable over the long run.

No comments:

Post a Comment